We are a proud recipient of the 2019 Governor’s Workplace Safety Award for Meritorious Achievement from the Minnesota Safety Council. This award for exemplary workplace safety recognizes companies that have had incident rates better than the industry average for at least three years.
Health & Safety
Comlink Midwest is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees and those with whom we partner.
Dedicated to top-tier performance on behalf of our customers, it is our goal to ensure no individual is exposed to unmitigated hazards or risks to health and safety, while striving to foster a competitive advantage.
Responsible management, as well as an adherence to health and safety standards, policies, and procedures, is crucial to the success of the Health & Safety Program.
Comlink Midwest holds to the expectation that every employee will share in the ownership of this effort by remaining steadfast in pursuit of the following:
- Compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations;
- Provision of adequate resources for the effective implementation of health and safety standards, policies, and procedures;
- Respectful consideration of both the environment and public domain in which we conduct our business, which requires the active participation of every employee;
- Prompt, detailed incident notification and reporting to ensure both response and corrective action, where necessary, and;
- Practical application of training and instruction provided via multiple platforms, i.e. classroom, field assessments, knowledge sharing, etc.
Safety & Culture vs. Numbers
Comlink Midwest challenges our employees to take ownership of safety in a manner consistent with our values and the expectations of our clients and the communities in which we work.
As our employees work hard to deliver in often demanding situations, Comlink Midwest understands the value of a safety culture versus numbers on a board and wholly supports leaders focused on continuous, sustainable improvement.
With a positive attitude and the capacity to learn, our employees make a conscious effort every day to work safely and promote the best strategies.
Check out our COMLINK BLOG FOR MORE
The objective is to make sure my crew goes home after every shift to the very reasons they go to work every day.
– Lead Fiber Splicing Technician
It includes me being responsible for my crew and making sure their families and mine don’t have to worry about whether we’re coming home at the end of the day.
– Underground Construction Foreman
We’re expected to know our role, the equipment we’re given, and the environment around us, so we can count on one another to keep our crews and the public safe.
– Underground Construction Laborer II
It’s a measure of how committed the company is to an employee’s training and development.
– Sr. Fiber Splicing Technician
In the end, we’re a team, so it’s an opportunity for us to mentor and help others to work safely and avoid having to learn things the hard way.
– Underground Construction Operator III
We’ve got to respect the dangers inherent to our jobs, which means being aware and taking the safe approach versus what might be an easier, or quicker, alternative. Speed means nothing if it results in a loss.
– Lead Fiber Splicing Technician